Do you own a leasehold flat in Bristol? If so, you should be thinking about extending your lease. Those who delay lease extensions end up paying a heavy price – so get in touch with our solicitors today to get yours out of the way.
Bristol is currently home to more than 437,500 people, and it’s growing all the time. As a vibrant cultural hub, Bristol has an increasing rental and leasehold market with more and more people looking to buy a home in the city. In fact, the population has boomed from just 380,615 at the time of the 2001 census, making it one of the fastest growing cities in the UK.
The growing demand for properties in Bristol has meant that buying a leasehold flat or apartment has become increasingly popular – enabling, in particular, young people and couples to get on the housing ladder when perhaps they simply can’t manage the expense of buying a house..
HOW WILL A SPECIALIST LEASE EXTENSION SOLICITOR HELP YOU?
If you instruct one of our lease extension solicitors you will be giving yourself the best chance of securing a fair deal for your lease extension. Many generalist lawyers today are tempted to experiment with lease extension work only to make serious mistakes. By contrast, our solicitors understand the complexities of this area of law and can help you with the following:
• Managing the lease extension timetable: strict deadlines apply to lease extension work so it is important that your solicitor is able to manage the process and collect all relevant information in time
• Finding a surveyor: it is crucial that you find a reputable surveyor to value your lease. Our solicitors will be able to put you in touch with experts
• Dealing with difficult landlords: Many landlords either refuse to co-operate or deliberately impede negotiations. The aim of this is to let your lease run down below the crucial 80 year mark when prices for extension rise dramatically. Should they continue to act obstructively, your solicitor will be able to apply to a Leasehold Valuation Tribunal
• Drafting legal documents and typing up loose ends post-completion
BRISTOL LEASE EXTENSIONS – OUR EXPERT TEAM CAN HELP
If you instruct the specialist lease extension team and Bonallack & Bishop you will receive advice from acknowledged experts. As well as being members of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitors we are featured as specialists in the field on the Leasehold Advisory Service website.
Our three-strong team of leasehold extension experts contains a wealth of experience and would be happy to help you with your property – and lease extension and freehold purchase is all they do .
FOR ADVICE ON EXTENDING YOUR LEASE – CONTACT OUR SPECIALISTS TODAY
Remember that the cost of extending your lease goes up with every month that passes.
So take action and contact us today to start the lease extension process. We needn’t see you in person and should be able to complete your lease extension by phone, email and Skype.
- Just call us on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 for a FREE initial phone consultation and a FREE quote for your lease extension, OR
- Complete the email contact form below
Comments or questions are welcome.